Last updated: October 2016
1. Our Privacy Commitment
GoodCompany is committed to respecting the privacy of individual’s personal information.
"Personal information" means information about an identifiable individual. In other words, personal information is anything which tells us something about a specific individual.
2. How We Collect Information
GoodCompany will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, GoodCompany may collect personal information from you when you:
- Interact with or register your details on one of the websites we manage;
- Make donations, purchase a charity gift voucher, establish a charity gift register or apply for volunteering opportunities;
- Communicate with us via email or our customer care line; or
- Request further information about GoodCompany, the Karma Currency Foundation or another charity.
If we are requested to, or we deem it necessary, we may also collect your personal information from third parties (including Karma Currency Foundation (NZ) Limited (Karma Currency)) or public agencies in order to provide the products or services to you, to verify the information that you have provided to us or where it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to collect the personal information from you directly. Where we collect information from third parties, we will ensure that the collection is conducted in a fair and lawful manner and the information is reasonably necessary to our functions or activities.
3. Information We Collect
You should assume that when you provide us with information that we will retain it, unless we explicitly advise you otherwise. Generally, we collect the following types of personal information from you (although, as noted above, this will depend on the circumstances):
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, physical address and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information, such as your age and gender;
- Access information, such as your IP address; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
4. How We Use Information
Personal information is generally collected for the primary purposes of:
- communicating, interacting and building our relationship with customers, including providing customer service;
- maintaining customer records;
- supply of products and services;
- account keeping, invoicing and debt collection;
- locating and/or retrieving products;
- protecting and enhancing the safety and security of our products and services;
- verifying users and preventing fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activities;
- marketing activities; and
- customer and market research.
We may also use the information for other purposes with your consent or if required by law.
5. Who We Share Information With
GoodCompany will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to Karma Currency, other charities or not for profit organisations if necessary to process a donation, receipt or volunteering role;
- to your employer if you are participating in a workplace giving program;
- to third parties appointed by GoodCompany which assist GoodCompany to perform services (in which case GoodCompany requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
- to facilitate your donations, gift vouchers and fundraising activities; or
- where GoodCompany is required or authorised by law, regulation, legal process or government request, for example to law enforcement agencies; or
- otherwise with your consent.
6. Protection of Your Personal Information
GoodCompany will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information held by it from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If the personal information we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
7. Access to and Correction of Personal Information
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If you are a registered user of GoodCompany then you can login and update or correct your personal information at any time. Otherwise, please contact us at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, we may refuse your request to access or correct your personal information. If that is the case, we will provide you with reasons for that decision unless it is unreasonable for us to do so.
If you wish us to delete the personal information we hold about you, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take reasonable steps to delete the information, unless we are required to retain it for legal reasons.
Please note that if we delete your personal information, or if you fail to provide us with personal information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
Cookies allow us to recognise your computer and greet you each time you visit our website. They also allow us to monitor traffic patterns, determine which areas of our website have been visited and store user preferences. We use this research to improve our products and services.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about GoodCompany's collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact us (attention The Privacy Officer) at the address below or by email to email@example.com.
Goodcompany Enterprises Pty Ltd
Suite 1 / 614 Hawthorn Road.
Melbourne, VIC 3187